We manage multiple AdWords campaigns for some or our clients. We recently received a new request from an existing client who was curious about starting a new campaign but wanted to know ‘how it worked’. I wanted to share with you what I shared with him.
AdWords is a pay per click service. It’s a process of about 5 steps:
- Goal Setting/Campaign Strategy: Why do we want people to come to the site? Make an inquiry? Learn more about a product? The more specific we are, the greater chance we have of converting. The generic ads really don’t work. We need to have a reason why people would click on our ad rather than your competition.
- Keyword Research & Selection: Once we have a chosen campaign strategy, we need to decide what keywords your audience will type into the search engine to display our ad(s).
- Creating Ad(s): After we’ve compiled our keyword list, we need to create up to 3 ads (test performance of each) that include these keywords, along with a call to action and other elements to get your audience to click.
- Creating or Selecting a Landing Page: After the ads are created we need to determine where our audience will go after they click. This could be a page on the current website or a separate ‘landing’ page specifically for the chosen campaign. The later (landing page) are more successful in that they are less cluttered pages that have only one goal in mind.
- Measure & Maintain: After we’ve initiated the ads, we’ll need to monitor our performance and make any adjustments necessary to ensure a profitable campaign.
Let us know if you’d like to begin a new AdWords campaign for your organization. We have a $100 coupon to get you started. Contact or call us: 510-523-7312.