Searches through Google Images were the second most popular type of search. Learn how to optimize your website images to get your page/site ranked higher in Google search.
I recently watched a video from WordCamp 2007 where Matt Cutts spoke about Whitehat SEO tips for bloggers.
It was a good hour and I thought others would like my compiled SEO tips from the show rather than watch the entire hour.
SEO Blogging Tips
- Write a keyword rich title
- Suggested Keyword Tool from Matt Cutts
- Don’t put your blog at the root of your web server.
- Name it /blog/, not /wordpress/
- Use word variants. I.E. ‘change’ and ‘changing’ in Title, Body text, etc.
- Use keywords in categories
- Use keywords in URL (slug)
- Extensions do not matter
- Keep parameters low (i.e. ‘?action=edit&post?etc’)
- Google doesn’t care how many slashes you have in your URL or website address
- You don’t need the date in the URL post
- Standardize links (i.e. www or not, /directory/ or index.htm)
Here is the entire video: